Thursday, September 3, 2015

Sausage Casserole for Labor Day Weekend {Secret Ingredients!}

Welcome to the Weekend Linkup! I'm less than a week away from my England trip so my mom is filling in today and has a great Labor Day breakfast recipe for us!

Are you having company for Labor Day weekend? I have an easy recipe for a breakfast casserole that can be prepared the day before. It will be ready to pop in the oven the next morning for a fantastic breakfast your guests will love.

My grandmother and my mother-in-law always had secret ingredients that made their meals above and beyond excellent! This amazing dish has two secret ingredients which I am going to share with all of you today.

Crumble and cook two pounds of sausage in a frying pan and set aside. Whip 10 eggs in a large bowl and add salt, pepper, and one can of evaporated milk. Then add the 1st secret ingredient: 2 tsp. dry mustard. Whip well.

Line a 13" X 9" ungreased baking pan with six bread slices. Sprinkle bread with 10 ounces of grated cheese and top with sausage. Pour egg mixture on top. Sprinkle an additional six ounces of grated cheese on top and pour the second can of evaporated milk over the entire dish.

Bake in a 350ยบ oven for 30 minutes.

Heat 1 small can of cream of mushroom soup in a sauce pan and add 2nd secret ingredient: 1 TB. red wine vinegar. Mix and spread on top of casserole and bake for an additional 5 minutes.

Serve with muffins for a fabulous start to your Labor Day weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Thank Sarah- came over via your email. Thanks for the reminder.

    Linda
    Bestoflongislandandcentralflorida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the party. I added a link to my party page also. best wishes, Linda

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions. Thanks for visiting!